Saturday, May 5, 2012

Insanity - Week 6, Day 5 - Double Workouts!

Today was the first day of "double workouts" for Month 2.  Yippee!  /end sarcasm.  At least this month I was smart about it and split them up instead of trying to do them back to back.  Much more effective that way because I was actually able to give each workout the focus it deserved.  I did Cardio Abs first, then did Max Cardio Conditioning about 45 minutes later.

Not really too much to report on either, so...yeah.  Max Cardio is getting a bit easier to do.  I was actually able to do 4 Diamond Jumps.  Surprised the hell outta me when I just did it.  I'll take that as a sign that my legs are cooperating with what my brain wants them to do.  And In - N - Out Abs/Push-Ups Jacks didn't kill me until halfway through the second set of them.  Another shocker!  Push-up Jacks are still the bain of my existence (as far as Insanity goes), but they are getting easier - a little bit.

I have a feeling that when I do Insanity again after Turbo Jam, I'm going to rock it.  I'm hoping to have a lot more upper body strength by then, and actually have abs instead of a roll of flab so I can do the twists and stretches easier.  I still feel lop-sided and top-heavy when trying to do some exercises.  I've been working with 5 pound weights (don't laugh) every other day or so trying to help my arms out, but I don't know if it's doing anything.  I do know that when trying to do the Insanity exercises that involve plank position, my arms and shoulders are freaking killing me.  I'll take that as a good sign - I guess.

Tomorrow is Core Cardio & Balance.  I wonder why they threw that one in here instead of like a Max Plyo or Max Circuit.  But it's in the rest of the workout plan for the next couple weeks.  It's cool, because I love that workout.  :)

Speaking of "rest of the plan", as of this upcoming Monday, I have exactly two weeks left of Insanity.  It doesn't seem like 45+ days have passed since I started it.  And to be honest, I set my expectations WAY too high when I started it.  There's zero way I was going to drop 40+ pounds in 60 days, but the INCHES I've dropped is huge.  Last time I checked, it was close to 5" on my hips alone.  So, I may not have lost a ton of physical weight so far with Insanity, but I've gained huge amounts of muscle mass and lost mega inches. 

To someone who was, 45 days ago, a sluggish, inactive, sat and read for 12 hours AND ate everything & anything in sight couch potato - I'm damned proud of my perseverance and persistence in sticking with the program.  I owe a lot of this to TH, Coach Brandy and the wonderful people on our team, but I owe me too.  Because I psyched myself out and said I couldn't do it, and just had to prove myself wrong. 

Hey - sometimes challenging the voices in your head works.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment