Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Insanity - Week 6, Day 2 - Max Interval Circuit

I hate this workout.  I LOATHE this workout.  I know it's good for me, but damn ... why???  That's all I want to ask.  Why must you try to kill me?  What the heck did I ever do to you?

My legs and arms are crying.  If my limbs could, they would detach themselves from my torso and run to Mexico. They would drink margaritas on the beach and laugh at me trying to do Insanity with nothing but a torso.

You know that joke...

"What do you call a man with no arms and no legs?"
"No, what?"
"Matt"

Only they'd change the response to "Becky" and it wouldn't be nearly as amusing as that joke is.

Not that I'm saying no arms or legs is a laughing matter - I'm not a hard-hearted jerkface.  I know there are people who are in such a situation, and I mean absolutely no disrespect.  I'm just saying that ...  you know what, anything I say here is going to sound absolutely stupid and I really don't want to type 5 pages of blog post saying why it's not a laughing matter.  So ... dropping it.

My fingers hurt.  I never knew my fingers could hurt.  Toes?  Yes.  Elbows?  Yes.  Fingers?  From a workout?  No.  I could see if I was in a eight hour raid and I'm healing like a madwoman, clicking on my sexy green bars (it's happened before...nothing like 'healing hand' as I call it), but not from a workout.  It's actually hard to type this post right now.  It was hard making my Shakeology after my workout too.  I don't remember Max Interval Circuit being such a pain in the butt when I did it last week.  What the horse poop???

I managed to get through the workout ... somehow.  S-S jumps were still nearly impossible to do, and the whole full body workout (I think Mr. I'm-So-Perky-Shaun calls it Level 3 drills?  I don't know, I lost my ability to focus on words somewhere around the 30 minute mark) where you're doing push-up jacks, in and out abs, moving push up things and the two running in place things....those things were invented by people who thought "Hrm, what can we make them do in 1 minute that will drive them absolutely insane?"  I guess that's why they call it Insanity, because unless you've been working out for years and are in shape, honestly tell me you can complete even one set of those the second time ever doing the video.

That's the one that probably killed my fingers.  Grrrr...

Anyways, TH will be home from work in about an hour, and we're going out tomorrow night.  Good thing it's Wednesday so I get to decide what my one item of "badness" will be.  Wednesday is "You are allowed one item of badness (like a soda) so that you don't kill your diet by guzzling or devouring every bad thing in the house" Day.  But just one.  Not two or three, even if they are tiny ... like Doritos or a can of soda.  My one item may be a beer, since we're going to Tilted Kilt and they have a great house beer.  :)

Off for a while.  Going to go see if I have an interesting book somewhere to read.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment