Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Insanity - Day 30 Results

So I have some pretty exciting news for you readers.  Yep, numbers!  I wasn't going to post these until the end, but I decided against it.  In fact, I wasn't going to post them at all, because they are kinda personal.  But, I wanted to show that hard work and eating right (okay, maybe not right, but smaller portions) DOES work.

I probably would have better results if I hadn't fallen off the wagon a few times ("Eat The Brownie!" Extravaganza ring a bell?), and if I had followed the Insanity meal planner.  However, I wanted to do this with the food that I'm used to eating and that we had in the house already.  Each grocery shopping excursion had more healthy food than non-healthy food, but I'll go into more detail after the numbers.

Oh, and if you think I'm putting up pictures of myself, you've got a few screws loose.  No way in hell am I putting pics of my flabby body in a pair of tiny shorts & sports bra on the internet.  No.  Way.  In.  Hell.  Yet.  Wait until I hit my goals.  :)

So, I'm pretty ashamed of this (Day 1 anyways) but here they are:

Day 1 (3/19/2012)
  • Weight: 217 lbs.
  • Waist: 44"
  • Hips: 49"
  • Chest: 42.5"
  • Right Arm: 16"
  • Left Arm: 15.5"
  • Right Thigh: 27"
  • Left Thigh: 27"
Day 30 (4/17/2012)
  • Weight: 210.8 lbs.
  • Waist: 41.5"
  • Hips: 46"
  • Chest: 42.5
  • Right Arm: 15"
  • Light Arm: 14.5"
  • Right Thigh: 25.5"
  • Left Thigh: 25.5"

To break it down further, I've lost a total of 6.2 pounds, 2.5" off my waist, 3" off my hips, 2" off my arms (combined), and 3" of my thighs (combined).   

That's a total of 10.5" lost in 30 days!

YAY ME!  /happydance

So, let's talk about what I've been eating.  I know I'm going to get the "Really Becky?"  from Coach Brandy, but you have to understand a few things.  I've never eaten much throughout the day; I'm used to eating maybe once or twice until I'm stuffed.  Sometimes, I wouldn't eat at all, or we'd gorge ourselves on chips & dip/salsa or pizza while playing video games.  Eating 5 times a day is STILL hard for me.

Giving up my Mt. Chill (generic Mountain Dew from Jewel) was terrible.  TERRIBLE.  But I did it.  I gave up a lot of my creamer, regular milk, candy, most sweets, ice cream, cookies, chips.  But, I didn't give them up completely.  I'd have a few Doritos (and by few I mean two or three at most), and one time I even made a mixed drink with my soda & whiskey.  I've had small pieces of cake.  It's better for me to have little pieces of these things I love so much so I won't go overboard one day and eat just gorge myself on bad things.

For meals, if we were out, or at someone's house, I would eat what they had prepared, but in smaller portions.  If they had potatoes, I didn't eat a giant mound, but just a tiny spoonful (because I love potatoes).  If it was sloppy joes, I'd have the meat without the bun.  If I'm at home, which I am 90% of the time, I have my Special K Strawberry Cereal Bars, cashews, almonds, Dannon Fit & Light Strawberry yogurt, salads (romaine, baby bellas, carrots, radishes, a little bit of feta cheese, sometimes I throw avocado in it with raspberry vinaigrette), granola cereal (which I also used in the yogurt), hard boiled eggs, humus, frozen veggies & fruit, chicken, homemade beef jerky and more.  I'm not going to list everything because I really don't feel like it.

Needless to say, I have plenty of healthy choices to mix & match to make my meals differently each day.  But, I ALWAYS try to eat within an hour, 30 minutes if I can, of waking up each morning.  Always.  I also try to drink at least 32 ounces of water before my workout and 32 ounces after.  What I drink during my workouts isn't counted towards my 64 ounces of daily water intake.  I eat 1 hour before I workout, and no less.  I can't eat any sooner or it makes me sick to my stomach with all the jumping and crap. 

For the first three weeks, I used My Fitness Pal religiously.  I've slacked on it since the end of Week 3, but I can feel when I've had too many calories or not enough.  I know it sounds weird, but it's true.  Too many and I feel sluggish and sleepy.  Too few and I'm light headed and dizzy.  And hungry.  LOL!

So, there's a bit of insight into my eating habits.  I don't go overboard, but I don't deny myself the things I crave.  I portion out my food, eat when I'm hungry, and drink my water.  And it's worked, as the numbers have shown.  If I wanted to make those numbers bigger, I'm sure I could.  But, I'm not trying to lose 50 pounds in 60 days - that's not healthy.  This is a lifestyle change in how I personally view food and how it effects my body.  I don't want giant numbers right away.  I want slow & steady, so eating right and exercising daily becomes a habit, not something I'm forced to think about every single day

So, big "YIPPEE!" for me for my Day 30 accomplishments, and I hope for you too.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I drop a leave a response when I especially enjoy a article on a site or I have something
    to add to the discussion. It is caused by the sincerness communicated in the post I read.
    And on this post "Insanity - Day 30 Results".
    I was actually excited enough to leave a thought :) I do have a few questions for you if you usually do not
    mind. Could it be just me or does it appear like a
    few of the remarks come across like coming from brain dead folks?
    :-P And, if you are posting at additional sites, I'd like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post. Would you list the complete urls of your public pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
    Also visit my web blog : livesoccer.freetzi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very sorry it took so long to respond. Here is the link for the Facebook version of this blog: https://www.facebook.com/NerfingFlabBuffingLife. I don't do the Twitter thing. :)

      Delete