Thursday, March 22, 2012

Getting It In Gear (March 15, 2012)

T-minus 4 days until my Insanity begins!!!!!!

No, I'm really not that excited, I just like exclamation points.  Why?  Because I imagine what my cats would say if they could talk.  It's insane (haha) to be self-conscious in front of cats, but I was. Especially with all three of them in random spots around the room staring at me.  Creepy.  See, to get myself in the "groove" of keeping to a schedule, I've decided that today, Friday, and Saturday will be Insanity "Fit Test" days.  Have you ever done it?  Have you wanted to throw things at the TV while those three perky, yet sweaty-breathing heavy-I don't have an inch of fat on me, do those 8 1 minute tests and make them look so easy?

THEY AREN'T!
I was dying.  I was soaked with sweat, couldn't do a push-up jack to save my life, and the cats...I swear they were laughing at my attempts to perform the Globe.

But I felt accomplished when I collapsed on the ground.  I couldn't breathe and my heart felt like it was going to pound out the top of my head, but...I did the hardest part.  The first step.  The rest will follow.

In 60 days, I will pull out the "closet jeans".  You know the ones that have been sitting on the top shelf of the closet for 5 years because they can't be buttoned and are almost brand new.  I will put said jeans on and there will be NO belly folding over the top.  I might even need a belt!  (Yes, I'm excited about that part.)

And I will laugh in the face of Creepy Staring Cats! (That is also exciting.)

So bring it March 20th.  Do your worst.  I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment